‘The art of mindful living’ is an inspiring and rejuvenating 3 1/2 day retreat run over a long weekend.
You Will Learn…
• How to practice meditation (the formal practice of mindfulness)
• How to practice mindfulness in daily life (the informal practice of mindfulness)
• The 8 foundations of mindful living
• How to work skilfully with difficult emotions and thoughts
• 7 strategies to integrate mindfulness into a busy or stressful life
• The 3 most common beginner mistakes (and how not to make them)
• How to switch out of stress and into calm in under 60 seconds
• How to shift from autopilot living into conscious living
• How to break through limiting beliefs and mind patterns
• How to work skilfully with addictive behaviour
• Powerful methods to help you respond rather than react and make wiser choices
• How to unveil the innate peace, wholeness and wisdom that are your birthright
“Between stimulus and response there is space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.”
— Victor Frankl
You’ll also enjoy…
• Daily yoga/meditation classes
• Daily ‘yoga nidra’ (deep relaxation meditation done lying down)
• Delicious, healthy vegetarian food
• Relaxing atmosphere in the picturesque forest ashram
• Free time to enjoy bushwalks, kayaking or simply relaxing in the beautiful surrounds
• Periods of silence (from 8pm to after breakfast the next day) to encourage reflection and relaxation
Mindfulness is about being fully awake in our lives. It is about perceiving the exquisite vividness of each moment. We also gain immediate access to our own powerful inner resources for insight, transformation and healing.”
— Jon Kabat-Zinn
The benefits you’ll walk away with are…
• You’ll gain a new sense of inner freedom – After learning mindfulness and how to break free of old conditioning you’ll feel a sense of liberation
• You’ll gain greater physical and psychological well-being
• You’ll feel more confident and have greater mental resilience -Learning to work skilfully with difficult emotions and impulses will give you a new sense of inner strength
• You’ll know how to practice mindfulness anytime and anywhere – and feel more connection and aliveness as a result
• You’ll have all the tools and support you need to establish a daily mindfulness practice when you go back home – As part of the course, you’ll receive a workbook and also two free meditation audios to take home with you
• You’ll have a way to find peace and wholeness in this busy stressful world we live in
• You’ll emerge feeling relaxed, rejuvenated and armed with powerful new insights to take back into your daily life
“In a world where being stressed, anxious, depressed and unhealthy is the norm, we need to do something different to take control of our lives again. If we keep doing what the masses are doing, we get the same result.”
The retreat is held at the Mangrove Mountain ashram which is conveniently located only 90 mins north of Sydney. For the past 25 years the ashram has promoted sustainable, simple and mindful living through both its courses for the public and by its own example.
It’s one of those places with a really special vibe. It’s an oasis of peace, surrounded by beautiful forests and majestic cliffs.
Accommodations are simple, clean and usually shared. If you prefer camping or a single/double room those options are also available (full details below). Delicious, healthy vegetarian food will be provided.
Melli teaches mindfulness and meditation retreats around Australia. She was selected by the Satyananda Mangrove Mountain Ashram to teach mindfulness and wellness retreats and has guided hundreds of people through her popular programs.
Her passion is demystifying and simplifying the world’s wisdom teachings and making them accessible and practical for everyday people.
What others are saying about ‘The Art of Mindful Living Retreat’
“Thank you Melli for your amazing retreat. I have loved soaking up your wisdom and I found myself continuously nodding, acknowledging and learning. This exceeded my expectations. I thought I would relax and learn a few things but this has been life-changing”
– Carol Boman
“What did I enjoy the most about this weekend? The mindfulness sessions with Mellissa. She makes it so fascinating and keeps you constantly engaged. I’m looking forward to follow up sessions”
– Jeremy Mohamed
“It is one thing to talk eloquently on the subject of mindfulness and it is another thing to actually practice mindfulness. Melli is one of those select few who walks her talk.”
-Swami Kriyatma Saraswati
Tickets For This Event Are Strictly Limited So Book Your Place Now
You also have the option to do the Art of Mindful Living Retreat as a ‘long’ retreat of 5-1/2 days.
Got more questions about your retreat? Get the answers on our frequently asked questions page