The mindfulness intensive retreat is an inspiring and rejuvenating 4 1/2 day retreat run over a long weekend.
You Will Learn…
• How to practice meditation (the formal practice of mindfulness)
• How to practice mindfulness in daily life (the informal practice of mindfulness)
• The 8 foundations of mindful living
• How to work skilfully with difficult emotions and thoughts
• 7 strategies to integrate mindfulness into a busy or stressful life
• The 3 most common beginner mistakes (and how not to make them)
• How to switch out of stress and into calm in under 60 seconds
• How to shift from autopilot living into conscious living
• How to break through limiting beliefs and mind patterns
• How to work skilfully with addictive behaviour
• Powerful methods to help
you respond rather than react and make wiser choices
• How to unveil the innate peace, wholeness and wisdom that are your birthright
— Victor Frankl
You’ll also enjoy…
• Daily yoga/meditation classes
• Daily ‘yoga nidra’ (deep relaxation meditation done lying down)
• Delicious, healthy vegetarian food
• Relaxing atmosphere in the picturesque forest ashram
• Free time to enjoy bushwalks, kayaking or simply relaxing in the beautiful surrounds
• Periods of silence (from 8pm to after breakfast the next day) to encourage reflection and relaxation
Mindfulness is about being fully awake in our lives. It is about perceiving the exquisite vividness of each moment. We also gain immediate access to our own powerful inner resources for insight, transformation and healing.”
The benefits you’ll walk away with are…
• You’ll stress less and respond more skilfully – After learning key skills you’ll be better equipped to respond rather than react to life’s challenges when they arise
• You’ll understand and manage your mind better -Your mind is your instrument. Once it’s ‘in tune’ you can make beautiful ‘music’ with it and make wiser choices
• You’ll gain greater physical and psychological well-being
• You’ll know how to practice mindfulness anytime and anywhere – and feel more connection and aliveness as a result
• Your mind will be less distracted leading to greater productivity and enjoyment of work
• You’ll have all the tools and support you need to establish a daily mindfulness practice when you go back home – As part of the course, you’ll receive a workbook and also a free double CD of mindfulness meditations to take home with you
• You’ll have a way to find peace and wholeness in this busy stressful world we live in
• You’ll emerge feeling relaxed, rejuvenated and armed with powerful new insights to take back into your daily life
“In a world where being stressed, anxious, depressed and unhealthy is the norm, we need to do something different to take control of our lives again. If we keep doing what the masses are doing, we get the same result.”
The retreat is held at the Mangrove Mountain ashram which is conveniently located only 90 mins north of Sydney. For the past 25 years the ashram has promoted sustainable, simple and mindful living through both its courses for the public and by its own example.
It’s one of those places with a really special vibe. It’s an oasis of peace, surrounded by beautiful forests and majestic cliffs.
Accommodations are simple, clean and usually shared. If you prefer camping or a single/double room those options are also available (full details below). Delicious, healthy vegetarian food will be provided.
Melli O’Brien is an internationally-accredited meditation and yoga teacher who specializes in ‘immersion’ mindfulness retreats. Known for her down-to-earth, engaging and authentic teaching, she has guided thousands of people through her popular retreats and courses.
Melli was selected by the Mangrove Mountain Ashram (the largest ashram in the southern hemisphere) to teach mindfulness retreats.
Her passion is demystifying and simplifying the world’s wisdom teachings and making them accessible and practical for everyday people.
Melli is also the co-founder and host of The Mindfulness Summit, the world’s largest mindfulness conference, which was attended by 250,000 people when it launched online in 2015. The summit is a not-for-profit project with a mission to make mindfulness mainstream and so far has raised over 1 million dollars for mindfulness-based charities around the world.
What others are saying about ‘The Art of Mindful Living Retreat’
“Thank you Melli for your amazing retreat. I have loved soaking up your wisdom and I found myself continuously nodding, acknowledging and learning. This exceeded my expectations. I thought I would relax and learn a few things but this has been life-changing”
– Carol Boman
“What did I enjoy the most about this weekend? The mindfulness sessions with Mellissa. She makes it so fascinating and keeps you constantly engaged. I’m looking forward to follow up sessions”
– Jeremy Mohamed
“It is one thing to talk eloquently on the subject of mindfulness and it is another thing to actually practice mindfulness. Melli is one of those select few who walks her talk.”
-Swami Kriyatma Saraswati
Tickets For This Event Are Strictly Limited So Book Your Place Now
*All ticket prices are inclusive of GST.
Got more questions about your retreat? Get the answers on our frequently asked questions page